Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 2017

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

Some furious feelings rush through my veins
I try to make sense of whatever remains

of the hues of the blues
and the yellows and white
of all of the ocean bathed in sunlight

of the laziest days spent by the sea
and the haziest daze of you, and of me

surrounded by friends, by puppies, and waves
of consciousness, seawater and the love that I gave

Wait, was it love? I'm really not sure,
'cause when you're down by the ocean, some feelings endure
and some wash away when the tide bides its time,
it follows no cadence, no reason, no rhyme

I'm prideful and arrogant, always thinkin' I'm right
always trying with all of my might
not to show my soft edges, my vulnerable side
but whenever I'm there, all these pretenses slide

from darkness to Sunny Side Up
a place that upends all the wrongs right up

I'm trying to figure out these feelings of everything:
the true color of your eyes when we're in good lighting,
why the sea calms me down so damn much,
the carefully crafted dance of our emotions, and such.

All's I know's you saw me, and I saw you,
You gotta know that's something I don't let many men do
I let you into my world, broke my defenses, and then
I can't wait to see you, to do it again.






No comments:

Post a Comment